StatCounter

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Orange Lantern


Located at Harbour Front Centre 1 Martime Square #01-98, the modern and cosy restaurant is certainly a popular place with diners. The Orange Lantern serves only authentic Vietnamese food.

On 9 May I caught up with Bee Juan for a meal. We headed to orange lantern as I was in search for Vietnamese, particularly for the fresh rice paper roll. The restaurant  had a weekday set lunch from Monday - Friday priced at 11.90+ (Set A) and $13.90 + (Set B). Both of us took Set A.



Sliced Beef Noodle

Always a delight for me having vietamese sliced beef noodle, especially when the dish is pipping hot. It was nice and tasty. As I do not like bean sprouts, I am thankful that I have the option to go without it. The beef is slightly tough. Soup is nice.

Mango Salad - fresh and we can taste the mango admist the salad


Fresh Rice Paper Roll
Skin is slightly thick and it's the sauce that's really nice. I feel that Indochine has the better rice paper roll.

Our appetizer dishes - mango salad & fresh rice paper roll


Pat happy with her Vietnamese spread


Bee Juan and her lunch set

Grilled chicken with Rice Vermicelli

Our lunch spread at The Orange Lantern

Service was slow as the restaurant was packed with customers. Yet I feel it's value for money for what we ate.


Pat & Bee Juan

It was great catching up with Bee Juan, my intern during RGS days. She is currently having her school break. We chatted over my pending Italy trip and she having travelled to Europe, gave me some places to take note of. Always a delight to catch with Bee Juan. Stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment