StatCounter

Monday, June 20, 2011

From Italy with Love (15 May - 24 May 2011)


As I write my final post on Italy, this post is dedicated to Italy with love. In this post will be my summary of pictures of Milan, Lugano/Lake Como, Venice, Florence, Pisa and Rome. Enjoy the pictures and the memories. It has been a blessed trip. I went there with the intention to take pictures and be fully present in Italy. Indeed the pictures say it all and I am glad to feel his graces on the trip.

Pat in Milan at Duomo - May 16, 2011 (after a 14 hour flight)


Gothic Duomo


Listening to the Guide

Bird's eye view from the top of Duomo after climbing 150 steps


Church in Switzerland




Pat's lovely orange shawl

Macs are so expensive in Europe!!!!



Lake Como
Was looking forward to the day at Lake Como, only to be disappointed that it had to be changed to Lugano. We only spent 30 min at Lake Como. (SA tours management still did not revert to us on our feedback on day 3)


Pat with Pink Roses

Masquerade - who's inviting Pat to the ball
Pat's seafood lunch

Venice -- Gondola Ride - lovely the romantic place - Pat's favourite

Who's rolling the gondola?


In Florence


Lunch time with Italian food






Still relaxed and enjoying the view of Florence

Chinese dinner


Pushing against the Leaning Tower of Pisa

For me personally, the pisa pictures are my favourite. Having been to Pisa during my student tour days, Pisa came more alive for me as the photographer. Blue sky and green grass, what a perfect combination for photography.


Am I the only one in Pisa?
This blue shawl first travelled with me for US/New England Trip - 6 years ago


Green & Blue combination



Strike a pose Pat :)


I hope to be able to pose such shots in Singapore


Pat & her goodies for the family

Dinner Time

The Tai Tai look


At breakfast - Pat loves to wear shawls or sweater - white looks good :)


The playful look


Medieval city of Assisi







Huge slice of pizza for lunch

In Rome

Rome was beautiful to me - the churches, Vactican City, Trevi Fountian and Colossuem. For once we were given some time to explore the streets of Rome.

Nice to know Joan, a fellow Catholic on this trip



I threw my coins in Trevi Fountain  - May my wishes come true


Delighted and Sweet Pat


The brave gals who visited Sistine Chapel








Italy is certainly my top country on my travel list, after knocking off Russia which has been my top travel spot. In close third is Turkey followed by Eastern Europe.

I love Europe, definitely more places to explore in future like Paris, Austria, Germany, Switzerland etc.

Hope the blog and pictures brought back memories, it certainly did for me. If given the time, I hope to post up my other travel adventures and photos.

It's nice to travel in a group. We get to know more friends. I always have fun on my trips, and I love the photos that I have taken.

Look forward to be able to travel with you for future trips if the opportunity arises.

Thank you Italy for the lovely memories.

Pat
21 July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment