StatCounter

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Turkish Food from Canakkale


Xiuling, Pat, Janice, Cheryl
On 27 November 2010, we were brought to the sight where the Troy horse was used for the filming. Don't the 4 of us look so happy despite the wind blowing in our face.


Janice, Pat & Xiuling - Feel the wind. We could barely open our eyes
We crossed the Darnanelles by ferry and enjoyed a leisure drive along the shores of Sea of Marmara and back to Istanbul.


Pat & Xiuling


About to set off - Smile Pat

Sweet Baby - such a darling
I took this picture from a distance. Love this picture. I always enjoy taking children's pictures. The vibes of sweetness and innocence from the kids.

There were countless of seagulls flying around us. After numerous shots, I finally took the perfect seagull picture on my end. Delighted with this shot.

Lunch at Kofteci


Gold Plate set for the King


The interior of the restaurant

Soup with a mint flavour - Looks diluted


Our usual plate of salad
Almost every dish had salad, we were all getting a bit tired with the same blend of salad. Xiuling loved the salad. I miss my Swensen Salad.


Pat with her lunch

Beef
I love this dish. I had the beef as main course. With 7 pieces of tenderly marinated turkish beef, this was a dish I wish they gave second helping. If this was a buffet, my plate will definitely be filled with more beef pieces.


Xiuling's chicken kebab

Dessert - Very Very Sweet

Leonard in Action with his camera


Dinner Time at Tamara Restaurant

Thick creamy soup

Big Bloated Bread - perfect combination with the soup

Our main course - brown rice, salad and chicken
After dinner the five of us walked to Taksin Square to experience the night life there. The streets were bustling with people. Some of us managed to get some snacks there. We then headed back to Grand Halic Hotel which was 15min walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment