StatCounter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Turkish Food from Pamukkale


Breakfast at Lycus River Hotel
On 25 November, there were 2 highlights for me - Cotton Castle and catwalk for me. For breakfast I still wasn't feeling well. Hence that was my plate of breakfast. Was praying very hard to be well, as it was going to be a long day for us.

Pat exploring Cotton Castle
After breakfast, we proceeded to visit the extensive ruins of Hierapolis, an ancient Roman City. Thankfully I was feeling better when we were there, as in the stomach was not giving me any problems.


Hot spring of water
We explored the unique Cotton Castle, a World Heritage Site, made up of fascinating white terraces and pools created by calcereous hot spring waters flowing down the mountain. We dipped our legs into the spring water, a cooling and relaxing effort. We threaded slowly to the far end of the pool. Only Leonard, Xiuling and myself ventured right in, the rest of the group only walked a little and left to explore elsewhere. It was a beautiful sight.



Ruins of Hierapolis

Spread of dessert for lunch


Doughnut

Chocolate cake & Tiramisu look alike

Lunch at Omar Restaurant
Lunch for me was a mixture of pasta, peas, fries, vegetables, chicken and meat. Looks pretty oily.


2nd round of main course with dessert. I opted not to have the soup.

House of Virgin Mary

Ho Min and her brother - the kids on our trip - writing their petitions

Pat doing the catwalk
We were next brought to see a fashion show. Yes, for once, just I was happily taking pictures, I was pulled up on stage along with Doris and Rodney to do the catwalk of the leather jackets. Quite cool, it was fun. The leather jacket that I wore was certainly had a nice cut and keeps one warm. Later they brought us to the shop where the leather jackets were sold.

Pat doing the catwalk
The gals at Ephesus

Homin, Pat, Xiuling, Janice, Cheryl

Leonard sitting on the "throne"


Pat posing sweetly for camera

Ephesus
We saw the Grand Theatre, Library of Celsius, Marble Street on our tour of Ephesus. Looks a bit of Greek structure.


Place where they sold Turkish Delights




Dinner at Tatlises Hotel
Buffet spread, dinner at Tatliser Hotel for me comprised of vegetables, wedges, chicken and beans. Do we miss Singapore fo0d - yes we do.


Desserts for Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment