StatCounter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Turkish Food from Konya

Pat with her lovely orange shawl

On 24 November 2010, this has to be the longest coach journey for the trip as we travelled from Cappadocia to Konya to Pamukkale - around 8 hours. Konya, the famous old capital city of the Seljuk Turks in the 12th and 13th centuries.

At Mevlana Museum

We visited the blue-green domed Mevlana Museum, which used to be the cloister for Mevlevi Dervishes, the old Turkish order of whirling dervishes whose basic ideology was tolerance and love.


Lunch at Horozluhan

We stopped at Horozluhan for lunch, one of the best-preserved carvanserais (inns) in Anatoli. Our guide mentioned about the famous pizza.


All set for lunch


The interior settings



Pat posing for camera


Bread - it would nice nicer if the bread were toasted. Reminds me of movie Oliver Twist where he was asking for more food.



Tomato soup with Mint
Somehow Turkish soup does not appeal to me. I prefer the thick creamy soup. Russian soup is nicer.



Chicken with rice, mushrooms and vegetables


Pat's dish for lunch
Personally the sight of the food was not appealing to me. To make matters worse, that day I was feeling slightly unwell - the stomach. It could be something I ate earlier, which explained for dinner, I only ate minimal.


Pat's dinner - took only half the plate - no appetite to eat
We arrived at Pamukkale, dinner and overnight was at Lycus River Hotel. This was the only place that served cakes. Yes, although I had to appetite to eat the main course, which was a buffet spread, I still managed to eat a bit of the cakes. I slept early that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment