StatCounter

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ember

Aromatic and soft, the complimentary bread came piping hot with a cheesy nuance. Perfect when eaten alone or with butter!  


 I always have fond memories of Ember. The food is fantastic and great service from the staff. This year I had an early birthday lunch celebration with my mother on 18 January 2012. Located at 
50 Keong Saik Road, Hotel 1929, we were there for lunch.
 Appetizer for our set lunch
 Pan roasted scallop with Parrma ham, citrus and tarragon vinaigrette
Tasteful and delicious. Nicely roasted, the scallops were a little soft in the centre and a little crisp on the outside. One has to pop one whole scallop into your mouth to indulge in the myriad of flavours - peppery, salt, and complimented with a nice roasted taste.

 Fresh Sashimi that melts in one's mouth - Pat's Dish
Always a fan of Sashimi, this dish was somewhat refreshing as it was my first time eating this type of Sashimi.
 Marinated Cod with black miso, sweet peas and herbed potatoes
I missed having the cod when I was at Ember last year. This year, I reserved the cod dish when I made my reservations. The fatty oily fish was balanced with sweet miso that lent a smoky accent to the flaky moist fish.
USDA Prime Beef Tenderloin pan roasted to a perfect medium rare, served with forest mushrooms, and new potatoes set on top a bed of mash, wilted spinach in a pool of caramelized onion-thyme sauce and french fries
 Our main courses

 Mum & Pat
 Crispy Caramelized Pear Tart with Homemade Baileys Ice Cream.  - It was the Bailey Ice cream that caught my  attention. It was sweet of the staff to have it in the form of a birthday celebration with the candle (Thanks Sabrina). Topped with crumble and Buttery pastry crammed with sweet slices of pear, and served with a scoop of mild Baileys ice cream. Absolutely delicious!
A fan of chocolate cake - this is a must try at Ember. Warm Valrhona Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Coupled with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, witness the sweet molten chocolate oozing out of  the cake.


 Desserts for the day - The sweet tooth babe is delighted :)
 Complimentary on the house - Frozen Nougat with Seasonal Berries and Lychee Sorbet
 Coffee
Tea

I had an enjoyable lunch with mum. She was delighted with the selection of food. Check out my next visit to Ember.

No comments:

Post a Comment