StatCounter

Friday, May 25, 2012

Old Hong Kong

Old Hong Kong at City Hall was the place I met Xuying for lunch on 18 May 2012. We walked around a few places before we chanced upon this place where we had our chinese meal. I  always love eating Tim Sum. 
 Century Egg Porridge
When we asked the service staff is the bowl of porridge to be shared, she said it was individual serving. Unlike the porridge we have at crystal jade, this serving is only partial. Thick and the ingredients were also apportioned. 
 Egg Tarts
This dish is a must have for me when I have dim sum.  The verdict for this  dish - average, the skin was dry. 
 Fish Skin - Thumbs up
This has to be my favourite dish. It's so chewy and addictive that within 20min, we whipped off all the fish skin on the plate. To be dipped with the sauce
 Shrimp Cheong Chong Fan - Delicious
 Wantan
Was a little disappointed with this dish. It was more of the crispy part of the wantan and very little of the ingredients. Crystal Jade has better dish of this.
 Lunch spread
This is my second visit to this place. I must say, it's safer to stick to the tim sum dishes. For the high price that we pay, one would expect better quality as in more ingredients in the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment