StatCounter

Friday, April 20, 2012

Summer Palace


When I learnt that Summer Palace was having a herbal promotion from 1 - 15 April 2012, I made a reservation to visit the restaurant with my mother on 7 April 2012 for lunch. I have always wanted to try the Cantonese food at Summer Place at Regent Hotel. That was my first visit to the place and I was delighted with the food.
Pat all set for Herbal Set Lunch

 Spending time with mum
The herbal set 5 main courses. It was priced at $48++ per person
 Appetizer
 Our first course Herbal Dim Sum Selection
What a lovely presentation. They consist of Steamed Chicken Roll with Chinese Yam and Fish Maw, Barbecue Pork Bun with Pine Nut and Mai Dong and Shrimp Dumpling with Bird nest and Chinese Wolfberry. Each Dim Sum was uniquely prepared and it was simply delicious.
 Double Boiled Black Chicken Soup with Cordyceps Flower and Fish Maw

This has to be one of the best soups I have tasted so far. The soup was rich in ingredients and simply delicious. Wish I could have another bowl of soup.
 Braised Garoupa Fillet with Beancurd and Lily Bulb
This was ordinary. Perhaps I am a stronger preference for cod than with Garoupa
 Steamed Glutinous Rice with Crabmeat and Lotus Root
To be frank, I not a fan of glutinous rice, usually I will either skip this dish or eat minimal. However for this dish, I had my bowl of rice swept clean. Do not be deceived by the presentation. The rice was filled only half the height of bowl. The crabmeat added to the flavour of the dish. The tiny grains of glutinous rice was easy to eat with the ingredients.
 Double Boiled Pear with Chinese Herbs
A unique dish which one seldom find for desserts. The chinese herbs adds to the flavor of the dessert. Healthy yetcan be a little too sweet. On the whole, it was refreshing.


We were certainly delighted with all selection of food. 
Thanks for the good service and the fantastic spread of food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment