StatCounter

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Godson Baptism

Pat & Kendrick

When Kendrick called me to be his godmother 2 months ago, I was surprised. Having 2 god daughters I thought that was it for godchildren. The first thing I asked Kendrick was," Is there a godmother for godson? Shouldn't you be finding a godfather? Why don't you pray about and I will do the same."

I didn't hear from Kendrick then. Then I decided to message him 2 weeks later, asking has he found his godparent. He said he was still praying about it. Hence I prayed again to the Lord at CSC adoration room. I told the Lord that if Kendrick were to ask again, I will be his godmother.

For every godchildren, I always believe there is a calling for each godparent to each godchild in the faith journey. I felt the peace after the prayer. I totally forgot about it, till Kendrick called asking me to be godmother. I asked why he chose me to be godmother. He gave his reasons. Hence the next time I asked him which were the dates he wanted me to be around.

Somehow I sense he wasn't sure whether he had made the right choice as a godparent. 2 weeks before heading to conduct a corporate interview for a client, I met up with him for tea at TCC. It was 5 years since we last met since SJI days, though most Josephians are in touch with me via facebook. It was an enjoyable discussion, catching up with Kendrick. I guess in his note to me on baptism day, he mentioned that it was at TCC, he realised that he was comfortable with his choice as me being his godparent, unknown to me then.
St Joseph's Church - Baptism - 8 April on Easter noon
Before mass which was about to commence at 12.30pm
I just had a big bao and that was lunch. All set for mass and the baptism.
The theme was The Light of Christ has come into the world
Pat & Charissa
My retreat pal and my kaki at CSC. Lovely friend whom we share the faith journey.
Jane & Pat
Jane was Kendrick's sponsor. We were both pleasantly surprised to see each other at the rehearsal. Jane said she is delighted to know that I am Kendrick's Godmother.I met Jane at writing class, a few years ago. We connected back at CSC.
Looking relaxed before baptism
Baptism for godson

Congrats Raphael and welcome to the Catholic Faith
Candle & Baptismal Garment
Holding the lighted candle - Light of Christ to the Newly Baptised
First Holy Communion
In prayers
Pat, Jeremy, & Kendrick - the SJI family
Kendrick with his sister and mum
Dianne & Pat
With Kendrick's family
Kendrick with Bro Celestine
Kendrick with Fr Gerard
Godma with Godson
Raphael Kendrick Asril Lee - 8 April 2012

Kendrick, it has been a joy witnessing your baptism. So much joy I felt on my end. I am also thankful to be godma and the opportunity to walk with you on our faith journey. To all my 3 godchildren, thank you for choosing me as godmother and to share the faith. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment