StatCounter

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Maritime Experiential Museum

On 20 April, I visited the Maritime Experiential museum located at Resort World with Kendrick, my godson. We embarked on an exciting journey to discover the Southeast Asia's maritime trade between the East and the West from the 9th to the 19th century. The Maritime Experiential museum features more than 400 objects. It is the first and only museum in Singapore that is dedicated to showcase the history of ancient maritime trade.

The entrance fee is $5. To experience the typhoon theatre, that will be an additional $6. We saw exhibits ranging from China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malacca, Sri Lanka, India, Oman Kenya.























This certainly reminded me of my history days in school. History was one of my favourite subjects. No surprises why I can be in museum admiring paintings and reading the ancient history. In particular,  I love travelling to Europe due to the rich history. It was enjoyable and I was admiring the exhibits. The staff were friendly and there were several interactive touch points.

No comments:

Post a Comment