StatCounter

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tomo Izakaya - 5 Feb 2011


On 5 Feb 2011, Aileen and I checked out Tomo Izakaya at Esplanade. Must say it has to be one of the more expensive places for Japanese food. This was my 2nd visit to the place.




Aileen ordered the Maguro. N. Tororo Don. The rice was cold, and she added lots of soya sauce and wasabi to the rice. For that small bowl, it cost $18.


Maguro. N. Tororo Don

As I heading for another a gathering after that, I decided to have something light. hence I selected the Daikon Mizana salad, which was tuna salad. It was nice and reasonaly priced at $9.

Daikon Mizuna Salad





The Sushi was a great disappointment. For the price we were paying, I was pretty shocked to see only 6 pieces of Sushi for $30. We can get better sushi at a more affordable Sakae Sushi or Sushi Tei.


Edomae Sushi Mori



The desserts were nice. We shared the Maccha ice cream and Maccha Tiramisu. They were priced at $3 each.

Maccha Ice-Cream  & Maccha Tiramisu


Pat and Aileen at Tomo Izakaya

Would I visit Tomo Izakaya again? Unless I am there to attend a concert at Esplanade and I can't find a place to eat. However one may just want to consider the salad  and the desserts there.

No comments:

Post a Comment