StatCounter

Friday, December 23, 2011

Sand Tobogganing

On 16 December, 2011, after our lunch and check in to our rooms, we had a quick change of clothes - yes slippers and shorts and we were all set for the first adventure on the island. We embarked on a 4WD Desert Safari Tour of Tangalooma Desert. There we saw the sand island and saw the natural coloured sand in the dessert.

This is how steep the slope is. One has to climb up the slope to slide down. It certainly looks intimidating climbing up that slope.



Our instructor telling us how to hold the board


This is how you slide down. Hold up the board with your hands and raise up your legs


Yes, I did it the sand toboggang. It was a steep climb up the sand hill. There was a point of time Gina & I were wondering whether we want to slide down. In the end, she chose not to do it, while I went ahead to do it. There was this kid Jeremiah who was hesitating whether to climb up the sand hill. He was very afraid. His parents were already up on the sandhill. I told Jeremiah that I was afraid too, yet I told him, let's walk up the slope together. Hence holding our boards, we walked up together. Jeremiah was in front of me. I kept encouraging him to go forth. We finally made it up the tip of the sand hill. It was a beautiful sight. Yet I must say, while waiting for one's turn to slide down, that was scary. There is a possibility that one's board may fly off half way, or one may stop halfway in the middle of the sand hill. Jeremiah's mum and sister were ahead of me. Yet in the end, Jeremiah did not slide down. He was very afraid. Instead, he walked back down the steep slope. Yes it was finally my turn. Getting into position and holding tightly to my board, I slided down. It was a beautiful slide to the bottom of the hill. Love it. Of course, there was a bit of sand in my mouth and all around me. For the experience, it was worth it :)


Pat & Gina


Enjoying the moment


Yes I am thrilled I did it - this is where I slided down to from the top of the sand hill


Pat having fun


This is how I slided down, yes one has to hold tightly to the board


Gina with her board.



Pat with one of the photographers

No comments:

Post a Comment