StatCounter

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hot Air Balloon in Cappadocia

As I looked back at my holidays, I am thankful for all my trips. I never expected to travel to Turkey, even more to sit in the hot air balloon in Cappadocia. Yet I did that and indeed it has been a wonderful experience, one which will forever be in my memories.

I enjoy my holidays and I hope I have the chance to travel with my love one around the world, soaking in the sights,the food, the fun and the scenery.

The special feeling of my Turkey trip has to be being with the group on this trip. We were all like family - the deep special bonding.


At 4am we awoke and we departed at 5am for our hot air balloon expedition on 23 November 2010. Decked in 4 layers, I looked like a mini pink snowgal. Very warm and comfortable. We reached the sight at 520pm. Some snacks for the early birds.


Preparing for the hot air balloon take off. Watch the flames.


A colourful hotair balloon - we were hopping to sit in this hotair balloon. Ours was a yellow one.


Setting off


Many of my friends remarked that I was very brave to sit in the hot air balloon. Actually there is no fear at all and it is safe. That day the weather was nice and the ride was smooth. I guess I did not have time to have any fear as I was busy taking photos and soaking into the moment. Cappadocia is indeed beautiful. Not forgetting each of us paid US190 to sit in the hot air balloon. This is definitely the highlight of trip


Such a lovely view


Sunrise - a view from our hotair balloon


Pat & Xiuling - don't we look warm :)


We flew over the unique rock formation at Cappadocia, admiring the beautiful fairy chimneys from the air.



Picture Postcard


Fairy Chimneys at day break



The hotair balloons that floated along our way


Up Up and Away

So near yet so far


A series of hotair balloons


Love such shots - so peaceful



Floating silently above the Cappdocian landscape dotted with villages, vineyards and fruit orchards for 1 hour.


We landed safely - smooth landing and a lovely morning.

Yeah we made it - our hotair balloons certificates - Xiuling, Cheryl, Pat and Janice.

Time for celebration before we headed back for breakfast and to resume to see the sights of Cappadocia.

No comments:

Post a Comment