StatCounter

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Savour Penang Food at Kopi Tiam

2 weeks ago, I recalled mum showing me the advertisment in Today's newspaper on the penang food promotion at Kopitiam. That was the first I saw her excitement over food, either she really wanted to try the penang food or she is beginning to enjoy her food time with me, her daughter.

Hence, on Sunday, 13 November 2011, I brought mum to Kopi Tiam located at Swisshotel for lunch. That was her first time to the place. For me, it was probably my 5th time there.


Local Food Feast from Penang


The Ad which caught mum's attention. The food promotion was from 7-17 November 2011.


2 glasses of warm water - still having the cough, I had to take warm water

We were lucky to be given the window seats. Nice view of Padang. The restaurant only opened at 12 noon sharp.



Hey Mee ( $16.00)

Usually we will have the hokkien mee the fried version, this is the soup version. Tasted a little, the soup is the unique portion of this dish. The meat was a little tough. Yet mum really enjoyed this dish - the happy satisfied look on her face.


Penang Kway Teow ( $16)

I actually had no intention of trying the penang food, was planning to try the local chinese food. Yet sensing mum wanted to try the kway teow, I ordered this dish which I shared with her. It took me a while to be adjusted to the dish. Usually the Kway Teow that we eat is with dark soya sauce with fish cake.

Flat rice noodles, crunchy bean sprouts, cockles and prawns, blend together with some light black soya sauce, egg and a huge dollop of chili (optional - but recommended) this was the dish that I had.


Our Lunch dishes



Desserts for the day



Bee Koh Moy ($6)

This dish was the highlight for me. Black glutinous rice served with a spoonful of coconut milk - simply delicious.


Muar Chee ( $6)


High end Muar Chee - mum's favourite dish. Muar Chee is made from glutinuous rice paste, steamed. It is then cut into small cubes and mixed with grounded, roasted peanuts and sugar. One can choose whether to add some fried onions on top too.


We had an enjoyable Sunday lunch savouring Penang Food at Kopi Tiam. There was a 20% discount with UOB credit card. Look forward to bringing mum to more food places.

No comments:

Post a Comment