StatCounter

Monday, March 5, 2012

Royal China @ Raffles

Group Photo
Royal China located at Raffles Hotel (#03-09)
The final birthday celebrations has to be with my secondary school pals. It's amazing how we managed to keep in touch all these years. Indeed it's the years of birthday celebrations that we catch up six times a years. I am thankful for my circle of friends.
Traditional style boiled shark's fin with chicken

We had the 7 course meal priced at $198++ for 6 people shared between Jo and myself ( the 2 birthday gals). This has to be my favourite dish. Thick soup and somehow it has this abalone taste. Not much of the shark's fin though. Thumbs up.
Crispy prawns coated with salted egg yolk and pumpkin

Chewy and tasty, this is one dish we couldn't resist eating. It is a rare combination to have sated egg yolk and pumpkin for the external coating for the prawns. Before we knew it, half the dish was eaten within 10 minutes.
Braised sea perch with bamboo shoot and black mushroom
Roasted Crispy chicken in "Bifong" style
Poached Wawa Cabbage and silver mushroom in superior stock

I didn't like this dish. Somehow the vegetables did not look fresh. It did not blend well with the silver mushroom.
Royal China signature lotus leaf fried rice

From a distance, one could smell the aromatic fried rice. More a noodle person, I was surprised that I managed to finish the bowl of rice.
Chilled chrysantehmum apply jelly with diced aloe vera

Another of my favourite dish. Trust Pat and her sweet tooth. If I were at a buffet, it's a high probability that I will head for the appetizer and the desserts section and skip the main courses. I must say I still enjoy set dinners ( especially to places I have not been - hence kudos to those fun-loving people who ask me out for meals :) )
SJ & Xiuling
Round 2 - coffee club
Pat & Jo ( the 2 birthday gals, born on the same day)
Muddy Mud Pie - Pat's all time favourite at Coffee Club
Michelle's selection of cake with the shape of an ice-cream

Desserts at coffee club at city hall

Thanks all for celebrating our birthdays with us. Thanks for the years of friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment