StatCounter

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Salamanca Place in Tasmania

Salamanca Place is a precinct of Hobart, capital city of the Australian State of Tasmania.

Salamanca Place itself consists of rows of sandstone buildings, formerly warehouses for the port of Hobart Town that have since been converted into restaurants, galleries, craft shops and offices. It was named after the victory in 1812 of the Duke of Wellington in the Battle of Salamanca in the Spanish province of Salamanca. It was previously called "The Cottage Green".

There were 2 countries I wanted to visit in Australia and I am glad I had the opportunity to visit both of them. They are none other than Tasmania and Adelaide. Both are really scenic and nature based.



Where there are flowers, Pat will be at the stall - love flowers especially tulips


Salamanca Market has has grown from 12 stalls in 1972 to 300 in 2010, becoming Tasmania's most visited tourist venue attracting up to 25,000 visitors every Saturday.


Salamanca Market is a street market in Salmanca Place, Hobart, Tasmania. It is held on Saturdays between 8.30am and 3.00pm


I have always been fascinated with such stalls, intrigued by the stuff they sell. Looking back at my recent Italy trip, I am really not a bag person. I prefer roaming the streets and exploring such lovely items. More the art/music/ museum gal.


Magnets of flowers

Hand painted glasses and cups

Australian pies - yummy


Along the streets of Salamanca Market


Lovely designs


I love such sets - penguins. They will make nice display sets. Yes Pat has the eye for elegance and simplicity.


Colourful glass apples sold individually



Mushrooms and birds designs


Mushrooms for sale - not the edible ones though


Funky Bears with cool outfits - nice to look at, but not my type for bear collection


Pat loves bears, whenever I travel, I will try to purchase a bear from the country. Unfortunately the past few travels, have not been able to purchase the bears. I love bears that have nice fur and huggable.


The more sober bears


The brown bear is the type of bear I may purchase, that's the type of fur I like.




Magnets


Colourful candles


It was relaxing exploring the streets of Salamanca Market. I hope to visit Tasmania again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment