StatCounter

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Remembering Vincent Gabriel

Dad's 1st year death Anniversary 17 February 2022

Dad was having dinner with mum at the coffeeshop on 16 February 2021.He choked, had no pulse and was rushed to the hospital. The time taken to revive him was too long and it affected his body system. It was around 11 plus when Anthony informed that dad won't make it. I was shocked and in tears but I could not be with Anthony and mum at the hospital as the limit was two people per family. I just held on to my rosary and prayed. I tried to sleep but was unable to do so. Somehow dad bade me farewell in my dream. Shortly after, Anthony called me and told me dad had passed on.  It was just so sudden and shocking for the family. We thank our family, friends, colleagues, church friends for masses offered, their presence and being there in prayers and support during our bereavement. Here are some of our memories with dad.

Celebrating  wedding anniversary
Celebrating Anthony's Godparents wedding anniversary 
CNY reunion dinner - do we miss the delicious food dad cooked for us every Christmas and Chinese New Year. 
With Victor when he was back for visit

Having dinner with dad to celebrate father's day when mum was away on holidays.
One of our makan sessions with the family at bukit merah

There were many memories of dad. We had our makan sessions with the family, birthday gatherings, festive gatherings. Dad knew what both Anthony and I like for food and he made sure there was always meat and seafood when he cooked. I miss my conversations with dad, especially when we talked about writing stuff and he always has this sense of humour that makes us laugh.
Anthony's graduation for his masters

 17 February - the date we bid farewell to you. Handling grief for each of us was different. For me I cherish the time we spend together as a family in gratitude and love. These photos of you remind us dearly of your presence and love for the family. Always in our prayers. Watch over us and pray for us too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment