StatCounter

Sunday, May 1, 2022

La Taperia

Here we are on 30 April, the start of the long weekend and a break from work. I had a Les Amis voucher. We randomly selected La Taperia to have a taste of Spanish food and were delighted we made an excellent choice. Do make a reservation as some people were turned away with no reservation. Opened in 2014, La Taperia is located on the 2nd level of Shaw Centre. We chose the set lunch at $42++ per person.
FRIED EGG AND BRAISED LARGE SNAILS IN PEDRO XIMÉNEZ SWEET SHERRY

I was deciding between the salad and fried egg with snails. In the end I chose the latter - how often does one get to eat braised large snails with egg. I was smiling away with my choice. Mix all the ingredients and taste the dish. Very unique taste and delicious.

TRADITIONAL SPANISH APPETISER BOARD  comprising charcuterie, marinated anchovy, cheese, tomato dressing and cristal bread. Hubby's first course. I could not help admiring the presentation - colourful sight. 

CHARCOAL-GRILLED MARINATED WELSH LAMB LEG - Anthony's main course. I had a sample, felt that the lamb leg could be more tender, otherwise the dish is nicely done.
BRAISED AUSTRALIAN BEEF CHEEK - I am so happy with this dish. This has to be one of the most tender beef cheek that I have tasted. Generous portion too. The sauce complemented the beef cheek. The sides of mash potato and pumpkin were delicious.
POACHED PEAR IN RED WINE vanilla ice cream - We both selected the same dessert. Nicely sliced pear with sauce and vanilla ice-cream. A great choice to complete the set meal.
This is one place I would definitely recommend for Spanish food. Thumbs up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment